There are many helpful trainings available on digital accessibility. Below are a number of links to available trainings, available via LinkedIn Learning (JHED ID required), MyLearning (JHED ID required), the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), and various companies and organizations.
Basics of Digital Accessibility:
- Digital Accessibility in Education — A series of informational videos from the US Dept. of Education Office for Civil Rights
- An Introduction to Accessibility from the US General Services Administration (GSA)
- Foundations of Accessible Learning (LinkedIn Learning) – How to build online learning content that is accessible to all.
- Accessibility in the Modern Workplace (LinkedIn Learning) – more general info on making the workplace more inclusive to people with disabilities.
Web Design and Development:
- Accessibility for Web Design (LinkedIn Learning) – Usability and accessibility considerations for website designers
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Accessibility Fundamentals Course — A free, in-depth 16-20 hour self-paced course for technical and non-technical learners
- WordPress Accessibility (LinkedIn Learning) — Joe Dolson instructs WordPress developers on creating accessible sites and plug-ins
- Accessible Typefaces, Fonts and Texts — Talk by Jared Smith of WebAIM
- Quick Start to Captioning by 3PlayMedia
- More About Captions and Subtitles by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Making Microsoft Office Documents Accessible
- Making Microsoft Word Documents Accessible
- Making Microsoft Powerpoint Documents Accessible
- Making Microsoft Excel Workbooks Accessible
- Improving Accessibility of Emails
- Creating Accessible PDFs (LinkedIn Learning) – How to create PDFs that are accessible, as well as remediate existing PDFs so they meet accessibility standards.
- Best Practices for Accessible Event Flyers and Announcements (JHU only) — Training recorded on Nov. 10, 2022
- Accessible Social Media 2.0 by Alexa Heinrich and the ADA National Network
- Accessible and Inclusive Meetings, Events and Conferences webinar (JHM Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity, March 2022)
- Demystifying Disability — a Fireside Chat with Emily Ladau (JHU event, July 2022)
- How and Where to Request Accommodations for Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins University (JHM Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity, May 2022)
- Improving the Healthcare Encounter for Individuals with Disabilities (JHM Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity, March 2022)